First United Methodist Church Mt. Vernon TX
While the Family Life Center is being restored, all services and activities are being held in the main building.
Our Mission is Helping Others Follow Jesus
We are all about being and making disciples. It’s not one or the other… it’s both for us. We believe that following Jesus is the key to life here and now, and eternally. We follow Jesus, but we are actively seeking to help others follow Him by:
- … teaching the importance of Scripture and its traditions,
- … creating relationships and community throughout many life stages,
- … providing opportunities for dedicated giving and serving,
- … sharing how Jesus can provide direction and purpose in life, and
- … giving hope for real transformation.
So remember: be a disciple and make disciples.
Service Times & Directions
Our traditional worship services are 8:30 and 11:00, and our Modern/Contemporary service is at 9:45. Come early and join us for free coffee and Donuts. We gather in the Crossroads before our traditional service and inside the Family Life Center before our Contemporary service
- 8:30 am Traditional Service, Sanctuary
- 9:45 am Modern Service, Family Life Center
- 11 am Traditional Service, Sanctuary
On Sunday Mornings, you’ll also experience:
- Casual Dress. Wear what makes you feel comfortable!
- Child Care/Nursery available for our 9:45 and 11:00 service
- Communion on the first Sunday of each Month. Coming to the Table is our response to the Word of God. We believe ALL are welcome at the Table, but don’t feel pressured to participate, as it is optional.
- Our Ignite Kids Staff are passionate about partnering with you and your family (Early Childhood to 5th grade) in creating a safe, nurturing, and fun environment, all while learning their God-given value through Jesus. Small groups, and crafts are included too!
- Mount Vernon First United Methodist Church believes in a strong Youth Program! Through worship, bible studies, missions, food, and fun, we guide your students to have a true relationship with our Savior, authentically live out their faith and Help Others Follow Jesus.
- All members volunteering in Ignite Kids and Youth have been screened, along with having a background check.
Connect into the life of the Church:
Whether you’re newly engaged or retired with grandchildren, we have a Small Group or Sunday School class for everyone